You are here
Recent events of note include:-
- Confirming that the Total Allowable Catch (TAC) of southern bluefin tuna (SBT) for 2018 to 2020 will be 17,647 tonnes per year in accordance with the recommendation from the CCSBT’s Management Procedure.
- The 2018 review of fishery indicators did not suggest a need to change conclusions from those drawn in the full SBT stock assessment that was conducted during 2017. The assessment suggested that the stock remains at a low state, now estimated to be 13% of the initial spawning stock biomass, but that there has been improvement since previous stock assessments.
- New or updated Resolutions and policies in relation to: CCSBT's Compliance Plan; Minimum Performance Requirements to meet CCSBT Obligations; Corrective Actions Policy; Scheme for Minimum Standards for Inspections in Port; Resolution to Align CCSBT’s Ecologically Related Species measures with those of other tuna RFMOs; and the template for annual reports to the Compliance Committee and Extended Commission.
- Agreement to continue the science program (costing over $1 million in 2019 excluding meetings), most of which is required for the current Management Procedure and the new Management Procedure that is being developed.
- A decision to make past meeting documents available on the public side of the CCSBT website.
REWARDS - CCSBT tagging program
A REWARD will be provided for each SBT tag returned to the CCSBT. Two tags have been placed in most SBT. A reward will be provided for each of these tags, so please return both tags if they are present. For more information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.