You are here
Recent events of note include:-
- Confirming that the Total Allowable Catch (TAC) of southern bluefin tuna (SBT) for 2018 to 2020 will be 17,647 tonnes per year in accordance with the recommendation from the CCSBT’s Management Procedure.
- A full SBT stock assessment was conducted during 2017. The assessment suggested that the stock remains at a low state, now estimated to be 13% of the initial spawning stock biomass, but that there has been improvement since previous stock assessments.
- The CCSBT’s Rules of Procedure have been altered in order to improve the governance of the CCSBT by allowing the Chair to be re-elected and remain in office for up to 4 years.
- Updating the Resolutions and policies in relation to: Allocation of the TAC; Carry-Forward of Unfished Allocations; Transhipment; the IUU Vessel list; VMS; the Compliance Plan; the Minimum Performance Requirements to meet CCSBT Obligations; Data Confidentiality Rules; and the template for annual reports to the Compliance Committee and Extended Commission.
- Agreement to continue the CCSBT’s independent Quality Assurance Review (QAR) program, with one Member (South Africa) to be reviewed in 2018.
- Agreement to continue the science program (costing approximately $0.95 million in 2018 excluding meetings), most of which is required for the current Management Procedure and the new Management Procedure that is being developed.
REWARDS - CCSBT tagging program
A REWARD will be provided for each SBT tag returned to the CCSBT. Two tags have been placed in most SBT. A reward will be provided for each of these tags, so please return both tags if they are present. For more information, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.